Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Favorite Way to Get Super-Soft Skin!

Do you regularly deal with dry, flaky skin? I don't usually have this problem, but over the past few months it progressively developed. The combination of dry air, being indoors with a fan heater, and then unusually sunny weather resulted in my skin becoming uncomfortably rough and exceedingly dry. Last week I looked in the mirror and saw my face coated in see flaky dead skin! Not exactly glamorous or healthy!
My approach to body-care is very simplistic, a "less is more" philosophy. While I'm mindful of healthy upkeep, I think a huge array of body and beauty products are unnecessary, often aggravating more than aiding. As such I'm not overly familiar with many products such as face scrubs, masks, and exfoliators. Now I knew I needed something to sooth my skin condition and hoped for a simple solution. Thankfully, this is exactly what I found.
On a recent visit to Whole Foods, I head to the body section and inquire about exfoliating options. I'm introduced to a spread of professional-looking products. The bottles are priced up to $40, and scanning the ingredients panel I'm unsure; always cautious about what I apply to my body, I suspect that even "natural" products can harbor undesirable components. Isn't there any other option? Then I spy a small display of special body brushes and sponges. Eureka! This is more my type. I remotely recall hearing about the usage and benefits of loofa sponges and I sense that one will fulfill my present need. I purchase a facial loofa for $1.99 and eagerly try it at home. With a douse of warm water the sponge softens slightly, and I follow the instructions to scrub in a circular motion. Remarkable! It feels like a facial massage, and in about 20 seconds I'm done. Upon rinsing my face I notice immediate improvement; my skin is relived of the flaky build-up, now feeling clean, clear and shockingly invigorated. I continue to use the loofa daily and by the second day my skin is fully transformed to an ideal soft state, looking and feeling better than ever. I love the easy results I get using a loofa and also appreciate that it derives from a natural source (loofas are made from gourd fruits). There are several loofa products available including face and body scrubbers and loofa-infuses soap. Have you tried any? If not check them out, and let me know if you get the positive results I expect!

5 comments:

  1. Visiting from Grandma Janet's blog. Welcome! My favorite facial wash/cleanse is Ekoh's Pre-Party Prep. It's made here in Nashville and I can get it locally. But, I just found their site too:
    http://www.ekohcosmetics.com
    It's kind of pricey but it lasts a very long time, and in my opinion, it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. I'll check out Ekoh's products--love good reccomendations. I'll be writing about other natural skin-care products and tips in future blogs, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Willow...also visiting from Grandma Janet's blog. Good luck on your new blog. I like to research new natural products. I recently found out about some products made by Derma e.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. The facial loofa sounds good. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have a loofa for the body--works great to rejuvenate the skin!

    ReplyDelete